Fly spray for horses: effective protection against insects
Flies, mosquitoes, horseflies and ticks can steal the last nerve of horse and rider. Not only do they make the horse nervous, but infections and eczema from bites and stings can also occur. Therefore, effective insect protection is essential in the summer. With a fly spray for horses you can reliably keep the pests away. In our online store you will find a wide range of fly repellents and horsefly blockers.
The right fly spray for your horse
To find out which insect repellent is right for you and your horse, you should ask yourself whether you prefer gentle protection that is also suitable for sensitive skin, or whether you prefer intensive insect protection that is particularly fast-acting and long-lasting.
If you prefer the gentler option, we recommend the fly and horsefly sprays of the Effol brand. They are available in different variants, for example, the Effol Bremsen-Blocker+ with the Icaridin active ingredient composition protects highly effective and long-lasting against flies, horseflies, ticks and mosquitoes. With Effol Horsefly Blocker Horse and Rider you can spray not only your horse but also yourself to keep any insects away. The Effol Anti-Fly Spray is particularly skin-friendly and therefore suitable for sensitive horses.
If flies and the like are extremely annoying and you need very intensive insect protection, a product with the active ingredient DEET is recommended - such as Carr & Day & Martin Fly Spray Extra Strong.
How to apply insect repellent correctly
- Follow these tips when using fly sprays and brake blockers:
- Familiarize yourself with the manufacturer's information before use.
- Shake the insect repellent thoroughly before each use.
- To keep black flies away from animals' ears, spray the fly spray on a cloth and rub the ears with it. Use an additional fly cap or fly mask if needed.
- For skittish horses that are afraid of the spray noise, apply the insect repellent with a rag or sponge.
- If it is not too hot and the horse is not being ridden at the time, a fly blanket along with a spray will provide the best protection against insects.